Aspergillus spores — (aerodynamic, buoyant, small in size)
- Construction associated with disease
- Environmental contamination
- Interior projects with minimal control – exterior penetrations of facility
- Disturb or shut down of areas
- Poor maintenance, filter by-pass
- Humidity control (Too high = > growth)
Aspergillosis: A serious disease that is caused by Aspergillus spores.
- Infection starts in the lungs and sinuses
- Derived from the Aspergillus spore, which is common in outdoor air, especially in agricultural regions. (Composting)
- Fungi grow prolifically everywhere, when in the right environment.
- Local environmental conditions produce spores and blooms when disturbed and become airborne.
- Nearly always fatal outcome to the patient.
Coast Environmental specializes in the proper containment and remediation of mold issues within the hospital environment.