Since 2001, Coast Environmental has been a leader in the field of Containment services for Infection Control.
Coast Environmental’s principal client base includes hospitals, surgery centers and other healthcare facilities located throughout California. Infection control containment for healthcare facility construction and remodeling includes complete and thorough project documentation; as well as, documented fire stopping installation using UL-approved systems, accurate surveys and required repairs to fire dampers.
Construction disturbance in hospitals negatively affects building air quality and can lead to infection in certain patient populations.
To protect occupants, control strategies have been developed. These include:
- airflow control
- safe work practices
Standard EC.3.2.1 — AIA Guidelines used as standard
- ICRA (Infection Control Risk Assessment)
- Determination of Potential Risk
- Should form a Multi-disciplinary Panel (I.C., facilities, nurse, area managers)
- Should be a Continuous Process
- Consideration given to disruption of services
- Patient Placement or Relocation Considerations
- Containment Barriers Installed and Maintained to standards
- HVAC Concerns with pressure differentials recorded
- You must select and implement proper controls to reduce the risk to patients and minimize the impact of the activities